Friday 26 November 2010

Final Music Video

Above is the final music video for the song 'Diver' by Canterbury created by Sam and I. Overall I feel that the music video we have created is an extremely professional product, with many difficult transitions being used in order to create the final effect that we desired. The bits of the video that stand out for me are the chorus. It is a common quality of many music videos for bands to have the screen divided into sections for the singer.

I think that this feature helps the audience to familiarise themselves with each member of the band and the role that they play in the making of the song. Another part of the video which I feel works extremely well is the introduction to the video which was invented by Sam on his home computer, I think that by using this transition the professionalism of our final product has been increased as it was an extremely difficult effect to accomplish.

I feel that the acting in the video portrays the sadness and confusion that can be heard from the lyrics of the song. In particular the chorus involving Sam and I. Another great bit of the video is the use of the black and white transition to display a memory, the different transition gives a connotation of difference to the member of the audience and lets them know that this particular sequence is a flashback from a past experience regarding the actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment