Friday 26 November 2010

Canterbury final Website



To the left hand side of the page is my final product for the band website, as can be seen my final products has a massive difference from my draft, the main reason for this is the feedback that I received from various classmates of mine. The things that I have changed include a different background. The main reason for this being that I felt that my old colourful background drew the audiences attention too much away from the main content of my website, I also felt that a more neutral coloured background would complement the content of my web page well.

Throughout my web page I have used attributes that I noticed have been used in various other artists web pages, therefore giving connotations of realism. These areas includes the links down the left hand side of the page, the links that I have included are roll over links that when hovered over or clicked change colour, so that the end user of the website knows which link they are currently poised to enter, also on the buttons I have included a stick man that moves when clicked, as mentioned with my CD cover I did this as I feel that it gives connotations of youth, something which I feel the band portray in some of their songs.

Another area which I feel that my website excels in is the use of coding to produce a text box for a band blog, this is something which I encountered often when analysing real websites and is a difficult feature to produce using Dream weaver. Other items that I have included in my website are social networking links and the option to log into the website if you are a member. These are again typical website features.

Other band website features I have included are, the option to purchase tickets and merchandise online, to look for gig dates, and to read up on the latest band news and gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment