Friday 26 November 2010

Canterbury final CD case

This is the inside of my CD case and cover, for this product I decided that a minimalistic approach was the one that would prove to be the most successful, this is because I analysed many CD cases and I felt that the ones that worked the best were the ones that had not been overcrowded with things to read. The middle compartment of the CD case and cover is where the CD would be placed within the pack. To the left hand side the white flap that can be seen would be used to hold a bands message to the fans, which is depicted below. Again, I felt that a message to the fans was a common occurrence amongst many bands CD when I was analysing band CD packages in particular. For the background of the CD case I decided to use action shots of the members of the band, there were a few reasons for this and the main one being that I wanted the band to come across as fun loving and normal teenagers, and I feel that the pictures which I selected for usage gave these connotations with success. Once I had imported the pictures onto my canvas I decided that the contrast of colours gave a feel for a lack of professionalism and therefore decided to add a black and white fade to the photographs, making them fit together nicely and regain the sense of professionalism that I feel the rest of my products have achieved.




To the left hand side of the page is the outside of my CD case and cover, again matching the inside I decided to go for the minimal approach with regards to 'less is more' for the outer cover. I also decided to give the CD case a sense of continuity as I decided that the main image to be used on the outside of the case would be the same as the main header which can be seen on my final website, the reason for this is that I believe this is the approach that would be taken within the real market, with regards to a sense of identity. For example a band logo or colour scheme, once a band has used something that people can identify them with they use it on most if not all related products. To get the effect of the photograph I used different artistic effects using the Adobe Photoshop programme, this allowed me to get a cartoon effect on the photograph. Something which I feel gives a teenage connotation. I also believe that the photograph displays a sense of friendship between the band members. After analysing real products I decided to use some attributes which can be found in many of them for example the barcode and copyright paragraph. Overall I feel that my approach to the CD case and cover worked well, however I would have liked to of had the chance to develop a design for the actual CD to go inside the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment